Customers can cancel orders from the Order History page and our Kitchens2Tables team will process either a full or a partial refund depending on when the cancelation occurs. If the chef cancels from the menu, a full refund will be provided to the customer.
You can email us via email@example.com and provide a detailed description of your issue. Our Kitchens2Tables team will respond within 24 hours. If your issue is related to a food borne illness please feel free to email the county health department and report it.
As of January 2019, it is legal to prepare and sell home cooked meals from your home kitchens. To become a Micro Enterprise Home Kitchen Operation (MEHKO), you need to:
- Read the information on the CDPH website.
- Complete a health permit application form for the county you reside in.
- Complete a Food Safety Manager certification. People who will assist you will need to obtain the Food Handler certification.
- Fulfill all other necessary requirements for the county.
- Schedule an inspection of your home kitchen, including associated areas used in the operation.
Home kitchens have the freedom to set prices for food items sold through Kitchens2Tables. A 20% transaction fee will be deducted from each transaction processed through the platform.
Kitchens2Tables has liability insurance. We also encourage that our partners who come on board also obtain an independent insurance that will cover their business appropriately. As we scale, we will look into providing a Master Policy that will encompass our partners.